Oct 18, 2007

Justice - "D.A.N.C.E."


I've been meaning to add this video to the blog ever since I started regularly updating. I love the video and song to this. Justice is a French duo in the quickly emerging French electro scene. Xavier de Rosnay and Gaspard AugĂ© have released a Discovery type album entitled "†". Kinda have a Prince thing going there, but you can just call it Cross.

Reason why I compare it to Daft Punk's monumental album Discovery will be quite apparent when you hear it for yourself. The catchy-almost-dorky hooks and beats are lined by dirty organs and massive distorted bass. Then the untouched synths reminds me of playing Gauntlet on the NES at times, and that same type of sound is noticeable on tracks from both albums including "Aerodynamic" and "Digital Love" (from Discovery), and "D.A.N.C.E.", and "Valentine" (from Cross)

I think you will enjoy the video as it's quite original, winning numerous accolades for Video of the Year from several publications. I'm sure you'll start seeing $80 vintage tee's in boutiques that sport some of the imagery on the shirts from this video. It's a business opportunity waiting for anyone that can get the licensing rights from the label. These guys are already pretty huge, but will become ever bigger as more realize the gem they released.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 bitches: