May 11, 2008

Bored on a Sunday


Photos by Fiedel
Living in a big city is tiring, and I find myself a lot of the time wanting to do nothing but flop on the couch, watch reruns of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and boil my future-children with my laptop while perusing the interwebs for music. And I'd like to share with you my journey:

Things got started after reading another amazing post about Van She, this time from fellow Chicago blogger redthreat. The aussie groupe-deluxe whose inspirations stem from 80's post punk, synth-electro-pop, early 90's grunge, krautrock, etc, will have a new album coming out in august, but their remixes are out and about now, which all kick wombat ass. Here's a few remixes I'm digging atm.








Mp3: Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (Van She Tech Remix)








Mp3: Van She - Strangers (Yuksek Remix)

I give their last.fm page a check and started clicking around. End up going to a few places. First was fellow Australian cosmic-synth-indie-rockers Midnight Juggernauts, who's listed under similar artists. This put me in the mood to listen to one of my favorite albums of the last year, Dystopia (aussie release august 2007, domestic comes out this month).








Mp3: Midnight Juggernauts - End of an Era








Mp3: Midnight Juggernauts - Road to Recovery (DIM Remix)

The other path involved a click on a user comment which led me to the blog, Too Many Sebastians (clever name). While browsing his site, I noticed a post on Swedish electro phenom, Din Stalker. Really diggin Herr Reporter and all of its 8-bit glory. Visit his space for more material.








Mp3: Din Stalker - Herr Reporter

That blog [Too Many Sebastians] got me on an urge to listen to some of that namesake. The Distort edit of SebastiAn's new single followed by Midnight Juggernauts remix on Sebastian Tellier's Divine remedied that storm.








Mp3: SebastiAn - Motor (Distort Edit)








Mp3: Sebastian Tellier - Divine (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)

It just so happened that not too far down my playlist is a song that was used as an opener of a dj set by another one of my favorite groups, at my favorite night spot. Simian Mobile Disco playing Sleep Deprivation at Sonotheque (it rocked my socks off).








Mp3: Simian Mobile Disco - Sleep Deprivation (12" Version)

That for the most part wrapped up my Sunday night. Nothing too exciting, but nothing short of spectacular at the same time. Hope your weekend was at least as fulfilling, and quitcherbitchen.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 bitches: